Several club members played in this past weekend’s World Open. A breakdown as to what occurred follows:
- Chris Brooks (u2200): Hampered by a recent injury to his playing hand and wrist – lost three heart-breakers in the final seconds early on in the event and finished 3-1-5, including a reentry after the first loss.
- John Weigand (u1800): After flirting with drama in the early rounds, faltered a bit mid-tournament and ended up with a very respectable 6/9 in his first “major”.
- JJ Oracz (u1800): JJ was up and down all tournament long and finished with a decent 5/8.
- Darius Jafary (u1800): Darius was also up and down, finished with 4/9.
- Michael Mendez (u1800): Mendez had a tough tournament saying the least, only scoring 2.5/9.
Better luck next year 😉
The club reopens tonight for business after a break for the holiday with a short three round quick event.